The Director of Elder Services seeks a well-organized, diligent professional to serve as Head Clerk for the soon-to-be opened Lynn Senior Center. The Head Clerk will provide administrative support to the Director of Elder Services and other Senior Center staff, and offer a welcoming presence for all Lynn Senior Center participants.
Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Provide customer service to Senior Center participants, encompassing Lynn residents 60+, and guests.
- Serve as primary point of welcome for all residents and guests accessing Senior Center programs.
- Assist the Director of Elder Services and Senior Center Program Manager with the processing of accounts payable, procuring supplies and equipment for the Senior Center, data entry and management related to Senior Center programs, and ensuring timely submittal of payroll for Elder Services/Senior Center staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word/Excel). Experience with MUNIS software a plus.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Strong commitment to social justice and inclusivity, especially in the context of a diverse 60+ population in an urban setting.
- Bilingual/bicultural candidate strongly encouraged to apply.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Elder Services and/or Senior Center Program Director.
*City residency required within six months of hire.
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Lynn City Hall Dropbox at the Johnson Street City Hall Entrance
In-Person at the Personnel Department, Room 307 in Lynn City Hall
If submitting via e-mail, please include the “JOB TITLE” in the subject line. Applications must be submitted by the deadline below, or you will not be considered.
“Senior Center Head Clerk"
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
* The Lynn City Council has approved a home rule petition to the Massachusetts Legislature that would amend the Lynn City Charter to remove this residency requirement but affirm preference in hiring for Lynn residents.