The City of Lynn seeks an experienced, effective, and inclusive manager to serve as its Director of Elder Services, who will create and oversee development of a vibrant new Senior Center for the City of Lynn. For many years, the Senior Center has been housed in partnership with Greater Lynn Senior Services (GLSS). After a long, deliberative process that included the Mayor, City Council, Council on Aging, and other community stakeholders, the City of Lynn decided to forge a new path including the development of a new Senior Center location.
The COVID-19 pandemic has inevitably delayed this process and so we restart our search for a dynamic leader who can creatively deliver services to our 60+ population, while planning for the creation of a new Lynn Senior Center that will be a hub for active seniors to gather, learn new skills, share life experiences, and participate in activities once we get through the current public health emergency. The Director of Elder Services will be a member of the Department of Public Health staff, and report directly to the Director of Public Health. They will also provide regular reports on the center’s progress to the Lynn Council on Aging.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Human Services field and/or equivalent experience working with senior citizens that demonstrates progressive responsibility.
• Well-developed familiarity with the elder services network.
• A record of success creating dynamic programming for the 60+ population.
• Demonstrated ability for managing staff and volunteers.
• Experience managing and evaluating budgets.
• Strong commitment to social justice and inclusivity, especially in the context of a diverse 60+ population in an urban setting.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License.
• Certification in CPR and First Aid.
• Proficiency in a language other than English highly preferred.
• City of Lynn residency preferred, but not required.