CITY OF LYNN, MASSACHUSETTS
City of Lynn - Personnel Department
Translate | Select A Language-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 20, 2021
Inspectional Services, Department of Public Health
Public Health Coordinator
One (1) Full-Time
IUE-CWA Local 261
City Hall Hours
$67,971.29 - $84,964.11 (Salary determined by educational attainment per collective bargaining agreement)
Duties and Responsibilities
• Formulates, implements, and coordinates policies and programs in the area of public health to obtain maximum efficiency and effectiveness for the goals of the programs. Supervises activities, trains personnel, evaluates progress of programs, and adjusts activities were necessary. Cooperates with, advises, and gives talks to public and related agencies. Maintains an accurate recording and reporting system and performs related work as required.
• Assists and makes recommendations to the Director of Public Health in the development and implementation of plans, policies and programs that address the community's public health needs and priorities.
• Assists in management of grant funded programs addressing current public health priorities including but not limited to: racism, tobacco use, obesity prevention, substance abuse, violence prevention, communicable disease control and prevention, emergency preparedness and healthy homes.
• Assists the Director of Public Health in the acquisition, development and administration of grant-funded programs, participates in the evaluation of existing programs and services, and provides quality assurance in accordance with applicable professional and regulatory standards to ensure that programs are consistent with the department's plans and policies.
• Advocates for public health; builds constituencies and identifies resources within the community by generating supportive and collaborative relationships with public and private agencies and neighborhood groups for effective planning, implementation and management of public health activities.
• Interacts with and develops outreach campaigns that inform and educate the general public on public health matters, including participation in neighborhood and community coalition meetings and activities, health care providers, social service providers, other municipal employees and officials, and local, state and federal governmental agencies and organizations. Has access to all department-related confidential information including medical records of residents that require the application of appropriate judgment, discretion and professional protocols.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements
• Knowledge of the practices and administration of public health; and public health related fields such as epidemiology, disease prevention, health promotion and prevention practices.
• Ability to formulate goals and objectives to establish and maintain effective contacts with a variety of groups and organizations in and out of government.
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in both verbal and written form.
• Ability to work effectively under time constraints to meet deadlines.
• Ability to supervise, coordinate, establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, board/committee members, officials and the general public.
• Ability to communicate with a high level of persuasiveness and resourcefulness to influence the behavior of others.
• Bachelor’s Degree in public health or related and five years of experience in public health administration or health education; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bilingual/bicultural candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
CITY RESIDENCY REQUIRED WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF HIRE.
How To Apply
A completed application, including resume and cover letter, can be submitted via regular post, e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), via the Lynn City Hall dropbox at the Johnson Street entrance, or in person at Room 307 in Lynn City Hall.
If submitting via e-mail, please include the “JOB TITLE” in the subject line. Applications must be submitted by the deadline below, or you will not be considered.
“Public Health Coordinator”
Monday, August 2, 2021
All postings can be translated using the Google Translate dropdown at the top of this page.
The City of Lynn is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lynn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.