- Performs miscellaneous maintenance and repair tasks on municipal buildings and property requiring journeyman skill in at least two (2) of the following areas: carpentry, painting, plumbing, plastering, and other trades.
- Performs such duties as painting, repairing roofs, doors, locks, furniture, cabinets, shelves, stairs, and sinks.
- Performs some electrical work not requiring a licensed electrician such as replacing cords, fuses and light fixtures.
- Maintains and repairs motors, fans, and furnaces.
- Replaces pipe and performs other plumbing maintenance or replacement duties.
- May spend a small portion of the time working on the grounds cutting grass, trimming shrubs, and doing other grounds maintenance duties.
- Incidentally, may supervise a small crew of workers at a lower skill level such as laborers, helpers, and maintenance staff.
- Maintain equipment and tools in good operating condition.
- Keeps work area(s) clean and orderly, eliminates safety hazards, follows prescribed safety and work rules and regulations.
- Completes any paperwork or duties required to comply with maintenance work order system.
- Pick up and load materials, supplies, equipment, ladders and staging.
- Deliver required material, tools, and supplies to and from work site.