CITY OF LYNN, MASSACHUSETTS
City of Lynn - Personnel Department
Translate | Select A Language-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 30, 2022
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Department of Public Health (Elder Services)
One (1) Full-Time Position
AFSCME Local 3147
Monday - Friday, 8:30 AM - 4 PM
$52,000-$65,000 (Salary determined by educational attainment per collective bargaining agreement)
The Director of Elder Services seeks a highly-motivated, compassionate, self-starting
professional to serve as Outreach Coordinator for the soon-to-be opened
Lynn Senior Center. The Outreach Coordinator will work collaboratively
with the Director of Elder Services, Senior Center Program Manager, and Department of
Public Health to address the concerns and meet the needs of the City’s sizable 60+
Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Fostering relationships with public safety agencies, churches, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living, and other community organizations working on behalf of the City’s 60+ population.
- Conduct in-home visits and office appointments to assist City’s elders in defining their needs and facilitate access to services.
- Refer residents to appropriate agencies.
- Document identified needs and maintain up-to-date, confidential files for Senior Center participants.
- Assist with updating resource fact sheets.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field, or 3-5 years of experience in working with the 60+ population.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Good social/interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; A well developed sense of humor is a plus!
- Strong commitment to social justice and inclusivity, especially in the context of a diverse 60+ population in an urban setting.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with agencies.
- Bilingual/bicultural candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Some evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Elder Services.
*City residency required within six months of hire.
- Email (email@example.com)
The Lynn City Hall Dropbox at the Johnson Street City Hall Entrance
In-Person at the Personnel Department, Room 307 in Lynn City Hall
If submitting via e-mail, please include the “JOB TITLE” in the subject line. Applications must be submitted by the deadline below, or you will not be considered.
Monday, April 11, 2022
* The Lynn City Council has approved a home rule petition to the Massachusetts Legislature that would amend the Lynn City Charter to remove this residency requirement but affirm preference in hiring for Lynn residents.