- Perform skilled repair and maintenance of motor equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoot gasoline and diesel internal combustion and engine-powered vehicles and other engine-powered equipment.
- Do tune-ups, repair electrical systems, adjust brakes and clutches, adjust or replace carburetors, do front end work such as wheel alignments.
- Remove and replace clutches and transmission, remove and disassemble diesel and gasoline engines.
- Replace faulty or worn parts, grind valves, and perform engine overhauls.
- Perform auto bodywork and related welding and metal working duties.
- Knowledge of 2 and 4 cycle engines plus repair and maintenance.
- Repair and maintain grass cutting and snow and ice equipment.
- May also perform preventative maintenance tasks, such as, lubrication and replacement of oil filters and other similar duties.
- Perform other duties as need, such as, irrigation and sprinkler repairs.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Ability to perform above mentioned work; also, possess a Massachusetts Commercial Driver’s License and Massachusetts Hoisting License through the Engineering Division of the Office of Public Safety and Inspection properly executed for all equipment used by the DPW. Pre-certification of mechanical experience requested. Bilingual/bicultural applicants strongly encouraged to apply. City residency required within six months of hire.