The Grand Army of the Republic Museum was erected in 1885 with funds raised by local Civil War veterans for what was the largest G.A.R. post in the country. Its crowning glory is the enormous 56' x 46' main hall on the third floor, which retains the original furnishings and has walls filled with photos of Civil War veterans.
Six more rooms have memorabilia from the Revolutionary War through World War One. The research library has an impressive built-in bookcase, which was designed and built by one of the founding veterans.